1/1 Photo of Microwaved Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Jen T's Note:
A good way to cook these in summer when its too hot for the oven. Cooked in a 700wt oven. This recipe comes from my copy of microwave cooking by Alison Holst. A well known cookery book writer in New Zealand. I have been making this regularly for years. You may have to adjust times depending on your oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (made from day old bread)
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1Make the savoury crumbs by melting the first measusure of butter in a flat bottomed dish about 20-30 diameter, in microwave for about 30 secs.
- 2Stir in the crumbs and the parsley.
- 3Microwave uncovered on high for 2-4 mins until the crumbs brown, stirring often once they start changing colour. The crumbs become crisp & crunchy as they cool.
- 4Place breasts between 2 sheets of plastic & pound gently with a rolling pin until they are double original length & width.
- 5Melt the 50g of butter in a small container and add 1Tbsp of this to the chopped bacon, mushrooms & soft breacrumbs. Mix well.
- 6Cover and cook on high for 3mins, stirring or shaking after 1 minute.
- 7Remove top layer of plastic from the breasts and place some filling on each breast.
- 8Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 9Dust lightly with flour, then dip in beaten egg, then roll in the savoury crumbs.
- 10Arrange breasts evenly in a circle on a flat dish.
- 11Pour over remaining melted butter and 'bake' uncovered on high for approx 8mins.
- 12Stand 2-3 minutes before serving.
- 13Either leave whole to serve or cut into slices.
- 14Serve either with hot vegetables or a salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.5
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 159.5 mg
- Sodium 634.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 37.9 g