Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yes! You can cook chicken in the microwave and it's good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices ham, 1 ounce each
- 4 slices swiss cheese, 1 ounce each
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- paprika, for garnish
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Pound each piece of chicken with a meat mallet until 1/4" thick.
- For each roll place 1 ham slice and 1 cheese slice on top of the chicken, top with 1/4 of the spinach.
- Starting with small end of chicken, roll up jelly roll style and secure with wooden toothpick.
- Place seam side down in a 1 3/4 qt casserole. Yes the dish will look too big but it needs to be large so the soup doesn't boil over during cooking.
- Combine soup, lemon peel, lemon juice and thyme.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Sprinkle with onions and paprike.
- Cook on high 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Microwave ovens vary so be careful not to overcook.