Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick potato dish that came from my older sister :) Cook time is based on a 650watt microwave. Adjust cooking times if different wattage.
- In a microwave safe dish melt the butter.
- Mix in the soy sauce.
- Add potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Cover dish with a paper towel.
- Cook on High for 8 minutes.
- Turn and cook on high for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove and stand 2mins before serving.
Quick to fix and very tasty. Potatoes are nicely coated and flavorful. A great idea for a fast and lower fat side dish. Used a little less than the 2 T butter (unsalted) the recipe called for and reduced-sodium soy sauce. Not surprisingly, as I prepared it, the finished product needed a little salt for my tastes. Tossed the potatoes after 8 minutes, then again when the dish was done. Used a 2 quart casserole dish topped with a paper towel. It doesn't get any easier than this! Thanks for sharing the recipe!