1/2 Photos of Microwaved Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
Jen T's Note:
A good one to make in summer when you don't want to use the oven but still feel like some hot vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 8-cup casserole dish place the butter and onion.
- 2Microwave on High for 2-3 minutes, stirring once.
- 3Add potato and carrot slices and stir to mix.
- 4Sprinkle over the flour.
- 5Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- 6Add milk and continue to cook on Medium/High for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and cook for 2-4 mins, or until cheese melts.
- 8Place under a hot grill (broil) until top is brown and bubbly. (I sometimes don't do this).
- 9Note: You can stir in some chopped parsley if you like when you add the milk.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved Scalloped Potatoes and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g