Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a quick recipe for scalloped that my family enjoys. There's no cheese in this version. The recipe comes from Company's Coming Microwave Cooking by Jean Pare.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced (or chopped)
- Mix soup, milk, salt and pepper in a 2 quart (2 liter) casserole.
- Add potatoes and onions.
- Stir, cover and microwave on high (100%) for 15 minutes.
- Turn dish by 1/2 rotation, remove lid, and microwave another 10 to 15 minutes until tender (on high 100%).
- Allow casserole to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
These potatoes are great - quick, easy and delicious! I don't care for onions so left them out. I sprinkled a little cheese on top during the 5-minute standing period. Enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
It's a good recipe very easy to do. But for us, it needed something more, maybe some cheese. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for Holiday tag
What a delightful, easy treat this is. I didn't change anything, except I only had "golden mushroom soup" and also I had some mushrooms trying to hide in the fridge, so I grabbed a few and threw them in with the potatoes too. 15 minutes, exactly. Out comes a steaming bowl of goodness. Topped off with some seasoning salt, and sit down with a fork. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009