Recipe by LAURIE
From my 25 year old microwave cookbook. I have made this many times especially during hot weather when I wanted a roast and didnt want to heat the oven. Remember cooking time is per pound so adjust accordingly to your roast size!!! Slices great for sandwiches.
Top Review by Leta
This dish has a very good flavor, the bacon gives the broth that little something extra for a delicious gravy. However, the meat was not as tender and moist as I would have liked. This is a good recipe if you are strapped for time, but we haven't quite found that recipe to replace oven roasted beef. :o) Thank you for contributing this time saver.
- 3 -5 lbs rolled rump roast
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 -6 slices uncooked bacon, depending on roast length
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub both ends of roast with salt.
- Brush ends with bouquet sauce mixed with 1 TBS water.
- Cover roast except cut ends with bacon strips, laying side by side and securing with toothpicks if needed.
- Place in 3 qt casserole and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, turning back 2 inches at the edge to vent.
- Micro at medium for 24-27 minutes per pound, turing roast over after 1/2 the time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.