Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From my 25 year old microwave cookbook. I have made this many times especially during hot weather when I wanted a roast and didnt want to heat the oven. Remember cooking time is per pound so adjust accordingly to your roast size!!! Slices great for sandwiches.
- Rub both ends of roast with salt.
- Brush ends with bouquet sauce mixed with 1 TBS water.
- Cover roast except cut ends with bacon strips, laying side by side and securing with toothpicks if needed.
- Place in 3 qt casserole and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, turning back 2 inches at the edge to vent.
- Micro at medium for 24-27 minutes per pound, turing roast over after 1/2 the time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This dish has a very good flavor, the bacon gives the broth that little something extra for a delicious gravy. However, the meat was not as tender and moist as I would have liked. This is a good recipe if you are strapped for time, but we haven't quite found that recipe to replace oven roasted beef. :o) Thank you for contributing this time saver.