1 hr 23 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From my 25 year old microwave cookbook. I have made this many times especially during hot weather when I wanted a roast and didnt want to heat the oven. Remember cooking time is per pound so adjust accordingly to your roast size!!! Slices great for sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub both ends of roast with salt.
- 2Brush ends with bouquet sauce mixed with 1 TBS water.
- 3Cover roast except cut ends with bacon strips, laying side by side and securing with toothpicks if needed.
- 4Place in 3 qt casserole and add 1/2 cup water.
- 5Cover tightly with plastic wrap, turning back 2 inches at the edge to vent.
- 6Micro at medium for 24-27 minutes per pound, turing roast over after 1/2 the time.
- 7Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved Rolled Rump Roast
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.5
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 49.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: