Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A quick way to make a Raspberry Sauce without using pots & pans. Good in summer over ice cream or for a simple elegant dessert put a scoop of ice cream in a meringue shell or between 2 meringues and pour over sauce! This come from my microwave (700wt) recipes by Alison Holst. A well known cookery book writer in New Zealand. Adjust times for your own oven.
- In a small jug or bowl mix the sugar with the custard powder or cornflour.
- Stir in the water or wine and microwave on High for 2 mins approx or until it boils and has thickened.
- Stir, then leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh or thawed raspberries.
- Add the brandy or rum, if desired, and cover while sauce cools.
- Serve either warm or cold as suggested in the introduction.
I used cornstarch. I didn't add brandy because of my son. This sauce was really good on waffles this morning. I used frozen raspberries, thawed but I kept the juice. Thanks Jen :) Made for bargain basement tag game