Recipe by Jen T
A quick way to make a Raspberry Sauce without using pots & pans. Good in summer over ice cream or for a simple elegant dessert put a scoop of ice cream in a meringue shell or between 2 meringues and pour over sauce! This come from my microwave (700wt) recipes by Alison Holst. A well known cookery book writer in New Zealand. Adjust times for your own oven.
Top Review by Boomette
I used cornstarch. I didn't add brandy because of my son. This sauce was really good on waffles this morning. I used frozen raspberries, thawed but I kept the juice. Thanks Jen :) Made for bargain basement tag game
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder or 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups raspberries (use either fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brandy (optional) or 2 -3 tablespoons rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small jug or bowl mix the sugar with the custard powder or cornflour.
- Stir in the water or wine and microwave on High for 2 mins approx or until it boils and has thickened.
- Stir, then leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh or thawed raspberries.
- Add the brandy or rum, if desired, and cover while sauce cools.
- Serve either warm or cold as suggested in the introduction.