Recipe by Bobtail
I have not tried this recipe yet. It was adopted from the Recipezaar Chef! I will update this description as soon as I try it! Thanks for checking this out!
Top Review by Debber
Checked at epicurious.com and learned that GJETOST (pronounced "yeh-oost") is a caramel-colored, sweet, goat cheese from Norway. Now YOU know, too! Okay, so I made this for dessert tonight. WOW!!! What a great little treat. I want to try this one out on my mom (German as the day is long!), and see what she thinks too. The recipe needs some work, though. See Direction #1--I wasn't sure what was supposed to be "in 8-inch microwav-safe dish." So I punted, quartered the apples, cored them, and arranged in the pan. Sprinkled sugar over, then the cheese and the remaining ingredients in the order given. Turned out fine (as far as we were concerned!). :-) Four ounces of cheese seemed like a little much when I was putting it together, but then it melted down so nicely; I guess it was perfect! And it is JUST like Caramel Apples!!
- 2 large red baking apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ounces gjetost cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- in 8 inch microwave safe dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon equal portions into and over each apple half.
- Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes, rotating dish after 3 minutes (or use turntable).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 3 minutes.
- Note: Time based on 650 watt oven, adjust time for different wattage oven.