Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use brown flat mushrooms and slice them, I find they have a far better flavour.
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- to taste pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 crusty bread rolls
- Place butter and garlic in a bowl.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 20 - 45 seconds to melt. Add mushrooms, lemon juice and pepper to taste, blending well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring once. Cut a thin slice from the top of each roll and reserve. Pull out the soft crumb centre and use as breadcrumbs in another dish.
- Stir the parsley into the mushroom mixture, mixing well.
- Spoon the mixture into each roll and replace the lids.
- Arrange on a plate lined with absorbent paper and heat on HIGH 30 - 60 seconds to heat through.
I agree with a little bit bland. I will try the cheese next time. Keep Cooking Everyone!
Very easy to make for a lunch. I served it cold as a sandwich. I found it a little too bland though. Next time I make it I will add some cheese (like blue cheese or sharp cheddar)