Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This has got to be the easiest way to fix corn on the cob! The system won't let me add that you will need 1-4 rubber bands also. (Cooking and prep time based on 1 ear.)
- Soak the ears in the husk for a few minutes in cold water.
- Take out of water,pull back husk and remove silk.
- Liberally butter the corn.
- Return the husk to their original position and place a rubber band around the ear to hold husk in place.
- Microwave on high using the following times-.
- 1 ear-2-3 minutes.
- 2 ears-5-6 minutes.
- 3 ears-9-11 minutes.
- 4 ears-12-14 minutes.
- Remove the husks and serve.
- No additional butter should be needed.
I just microwaved two ears of corn as is for 6 minutes and it worked perfectly!!
We have been making corn this way for years. It is great when the first of the season fresh corn comes in down here. The silverqueen corn cooked this way ROCKS. Plus you can just freeze the corn right in the husk, take out of the freezer & thaw & then prepare them & pop in the microwave. Great when you are cooking on the grill outside, don't have to worry about burning it.