1/1 Photo of Microwaved Caramel Dumplings
Jen T's Note:
An alternative way of making these when you don't want to use the stove top or oven. Watch times of cooking....I used a 1200wt Microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1To make dumplings: Rub butter into the flour and then add sugar, milk& vanilla essence.
- 2Mix well and set aside while making the sauce.
- 3To make the sauce: Place butter, water& brown sugar in a 2L microwave safe casserole dish and cook on high for 6 mins.
- 4Drop Tablespoons of batter mix into the hot sauce and cook on Medium for 6 mins.
- 5Leave to stand in hot sauce for another 5 mins.
- 6Serve with whipped cream&/or vanilla ice-cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved Caramel Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 96.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g