Recipe by seesko
All the flavor, none of the fuss. Perfect to make one hardy serving or two small servings.
Top Review by diner524
Wow great way to quickly make wonderful Bananas Foster!!! I made this exactly as written, except didn't use lemon peel. Just loved this delicous dessert and that it was much easier in the microwave. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for a bonus tag in potluck tag.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small banana
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 8-ounce custard cup on high for 30 seconds; slice banana and add to melted butter.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon peel; sprinkle over sliced bananas.
- Cook on High for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until banana is soft.
- Warm rum in glass measuring cup on High for 8 seconds; pour over bananas and carefully ignite. After the alcohol has burned off, serve over ice cream.