A quick easy egg custard for times when comfort food is needed. **Note.....This recipe is for a 700wt microwave. For other wattage ovens check your book that came with it for guidelines. For my new Panasonic 1200wt oven which has 1-10 power levels, I heat milk on Hi (100%power) for the 3mins then for cooking I use P3 (30% power)and cook at this level for 15mins, then leave to stand covered for 5mins. As all ovens are different this is a guide only. Experiments may be needed to get the best result.
- In a microwave safe jug heat the milk for 3 minutes on high.
- In a bowl beat the eggs,sugar and vanilla together then whisk into the milk.
- Stirring all the time strain this mix into a 2L microwave (20cm round) dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cook on 1/2 (50%)power for 4 minutes. Stir and then cook on 1/2(50%) power for another 5 minutes.
- Stand 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature on its own or with fruit and whipped cream.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your microwave.
- NOTE: This is for a 700w microwave. See my introduction above if using a 1200wt microwave.