1/1 Photo of Microwaved ' Baked' Egg Custard
Jen T's Note:
A quick easy egg custard for times when comfort food is needed. **Note.....This recipe is for a 700wt microwave. For other wattage ovens check your book that came with it for guidelines. For my new Panasonic 1200wt oven which has 1-10 power levels, I heat milk on Hi (100%power) for the 3mins then for cooking I use P3 (30% power)and cook at this level for 15mins, then leave to stand covered for 5mins. As all ovens are different this is a guide only. Experiments may be needed to get the best result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave safe jug heat the milk for 3 minutes on high.
- 2In a bowl beat the eggs,sugar and vanilla together then whisk into the milk.
- 3Stirring all the time strain this mix into a 2L microwave (20cm round) dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4Cook on 1/2 (50%)power for 4 minutes. Stir and then cook on 1/2(50%) power for another 5 minutes.
- 5Stand 5 minutes.
- 6Serve warm or at room temperature on its own or with fruit and whipped cream.
- 7Cooking time may vary depending on your microwave.
- 8NOTE: This is for a 700w microwave. See my introduction above if using a 1200wt microwave.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwaved ' Baked' Egg Custard
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 113.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g