Recipe by ellie_
This is a quick breakfast on days when you are short of time but still want bacon and eggs. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 1981)
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Very good, although I did make some changes, due to what I had on hand. I used sliced scallion instead of sliced onion and proceeded to overcook it in the microwave. I should have reduced the time since the pieces were smaller, but they were still good. I then beat the eggs with heavy cream (I had no sour cream) and also added a 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese. I then cooked this for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. I added the bacon once the eggs were cooked and did not put in the microwave again. I was afraid to overcook the bacon with the method suggested. Everything came out delicious, although I realized I probably could have scrambled the eggs just as quickly in a skillet! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag Game.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and cut into pieces (or bacon bits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and onion in small microwave-safe dish and cook on high for three minutes or until onion is soft and then stir it to make it sure it is combined.
- Beat eggs with sour cream in a small cup or bowl and then pour over onion.
- Cook on high about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring several times.
- Sprinkle bacon along rim of dish and cook on high for 30 seconds.