Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
I modified the recipe from a can of cocoa powder. You can use 3 packets of Equal if you don't want to use sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or 3 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sugar (or Equal) in a mug.
- Put 1 cup of milk into the microwave, and heat on HIGH for 1-1 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Slowly combine hot milk with sugar and cocoa powder.
This was a nice treat on a frosty, cold morning. Even though I used unsweetened cocoa powder, I still decided to scale back the sugar to just 1 tablespoon, and that worked out just fine. I think any more sugar would have overpowered the vanilla flavor. It's a good recipe to have for those occasions when you want just one cup of hot cocoa, and quickly. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Chrissy Sweettooth. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game.
I enjoy a hot cocoa most evenings and this one did not disappoint! I made as written using the Equal option and thought the portions were perfect as was the temperature of the milk. Thanks for the yummy post.
Just delicious! I also used 1 tbsp 1 1/2 tsp Splenda but will try 2 Splenda pkts instead (less messy to scoop!). I used skim milk & simply forgot the vanilla but will try to remember for next time. Thanks for sharing!!