Recipe by Jeri Roth Lande
This is a modification of the classic Italian wine pudding, but updated and simplified by using the microwave instead of a double boiler. It can be served warm or refrigerated. Tastes great alone, but even better over strawberries or other fresh fruit.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweet white wine, such as Moscato
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks in large, microwavable bowl until they begin to lighten.
- Add sugar and continue beating until it's thick and pale, about 5 minute.
- Add wine and beat another 5 min or until completely foamy.
- Microwave on high, stopping every 30 seconds to whisk briefly, until thickened and peaks stand on their own. This should take about 4 1/2 minute.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, beat it again right before serving.