Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and Yummy.
Make and share this Microwave Wisconsin Cheesy Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs baking potatoes (about 4 potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup colby cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup mild brick cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in microwave on high until tender; let cool.
- Place butter and onions in large bowl.
- Cook in microwave on high until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour.
- Add bouillon and water.
- Stir well.
- Return to microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes until mixture is heated.
- Scoop out potatoes, leaving pieces in chunks.
- Add potatoes, evaporated milk, cheese and seasonings to hot mixture.
- Return to microwave and cook on high 2 1/2 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted and soup is hot.