Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is perfect every time. The only way I make these kind of sauces.
Make and share this Microwave White or Cheese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in microwave oven.
- Stir in corn flour well.
- Add the milk and stir.
- Cook in the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes, taking out 1/2 way to give a good stir or whisk for 30 seconds.
- Put back in for remainder of cooking time.
- Ready when starting to bubble up the side of the container; it should be thick and creamy. (If too thick, stir in more milk a little at a time).
- When ready add salt and pepper to taste.
- You now have basic white sauce.
- For cheese sauce, stir in 4 ounces of grated cheese when the sauce comes out of the microwave. 1/2 teaspoon mustard added at this stage will enhance the flavour but is optional.