bevs kitchen's Note:
This is perfect every time. The only way I make these kind of sauces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in microwave oven.
- 2Stir in corn flour well.
- 3Add the milk and stir.
- 4Cook in the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes, taking out 1/2 way to give a good stir or whisk for 30 seconds.
- 5Put back in for remainder of cooking time.
- 6Ready when starting to bubble up the side of the container; it should be thick and creamy. (If too thick, stir in more milk a little at a time).
- 7When ready add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8You now have basic white sauce.
- 9For cheese sauce, stir in 4 ounces of grated cheese when the sauce comes out of the microwave. 1/2 teaspoon mustard added at this stage will enhance the flavour but is optional.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave White or Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g