Recipe by Terra
This is recipe is an adaptation of one I used for conventional meatloaf. When it's still warm it doesn't hold together as well as it does when it's been chilled. It makes awesome sandwiches!
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the mushrooms, pepper, onion and garlic in the canola oil until all are soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine tomato sauce, honey, brown sugar and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add the breadcrumbs, the mixture should look like a thick paste.
- To the paste, add the veggie crumbles, rice, sauteed vegetable mixture, salt, pepper, steak seasoning mix, and half the sauce mixture. Combine well.
- Spread the mixture in a greased, 8 inch square glass baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce mixture on top and spread evenly.
- Microwave the meatloaf on high for 14 minutes, checking after about 10 to compensate for different ovens. The edges should be somewhat brown and firm with most of the sauce on top looking thick and a bit dry. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!