Recipe by JawjaCook
I JUST LOVE this easy recipe. It is based on Alfredo Potatoes in the Sept/Oct 2000 issue of Quick Cooking.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks for posting JawjaCook. The family really enjoyed these. My store's baking potatoes were xlarge so I needed to microwave the potatoes for double the time to get the insides cooked and soft. Next time I would use smaller potatoes to avoid that but the large potatoes looked fantastic. The sauce mixture is tasty. I used Bertolli Alfredo sauce and Kraft cheese. I used real bacon bits in a jar. Really good. The second batch I added fresh green onions sliced for color. This recipe made me change my negative thoughts about microwaves. Made for My Three Chefs Event Oct 2013. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup alfredo sauce, any variety
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons bacon bits, jarred
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the potatoes with a knife in several places. Microwave on high until cooked completely for 6 to 11 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Cut the cooked potatoes in half lengthwise and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the alfredo sauce, garlic powder, thyme and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese to the seasoned sauce.
- Using a grapefruit spoon or other small spoon, scoop out the potato pulp leaving a thin, skin shell. Add the scooped-out potato to the sauce mixture.
- Mix the sauce and the potato well. Spoon back into the potato shells. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and teaspoon of bacon bits per shell. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.