Recipe by TheDancingCook
This is one surefire dish that gets my picky 2 year old to eat anything in the "protein" group; he always asks for more. It's easy, delicious and creamy. The french fried onions and cheese (I've always used shredded cheddar) are the key ingredient in this recipe.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups hot cooked rotini pasta or 3 cups egg noodles (2 cups uncooked)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 1⁄3 cups durkee french French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup and milk in a 2 quart microwavable shallow dish.
- Stir in pasta, tuna, 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, vegetables and cheese.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions and microwave for 1 minute or until onions are golden.
- For oven baking, follow steps 1 and 2 then top casserole with the remaining 2/3 cup onions and bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes or until onions are golden.