Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is one surefire dish that gets my picky 2 year old to eat anything in the "protein" group; he always asks for more. It's easy, delicious and creamy. The french fried onions and cheese (I've always used shredded cheddar) are the key ingredient in this recipe.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups hot cooked rotini pasta or 3 cups egg noodles (2 cups uncooked)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 1⁄3 cups durkee french French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine soup and milk in a 2 quart microwavable shallow dish.
- Stir in pasta, tuna, 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, vegetables and cheese.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions and microwave for 1 minute or until onions are golden.
- For oven baking, follow steps 1 and 2 then top casserole with the remaining 2/3 cup onions and bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 30 minutes or until onions are golden.
Outstanding!!! This is our dinner for tonight thank you. My first time trying the microwave for cooking. Thank again, Trish
This was easy and terrific!! This is the only one I will make. The onions were great in the recipe. It gave in such great taste. Thanks for the receipe!!