Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chips may be a misnomer for this recipe. This is an easy way to crisp your corn tortillas and you get better results than in a conventional oven. Crispy tortillas are desirable for tostadas or chips.
- 4 corn tortillas
- pie plate (or other microwave-safe plate)
- Leave tortillas whole, cut in half or quarter.
- Place in a single layer on a microwave safe dish; microwave for 1 minute.
- Turn tortillas over (will be moist on the underside) and microwave 1 minute more (they should be brown and crispy).
- If not, turn over and microwave in 30 second; repeat as needed until done.