Recipe by dsavir
This is a quick and awesome recipe for tomato sauce (for pasta, rice, chicken, etc.). Because the cherry tomatoes are left whole there is no fuss or bother and the results are great.
Top Review by threeovens
This sauce is great for making in your dorm room. Depending on your soy sauce, it may be a bit vinegary, hence the pinch of sugar. Microwaves vary and so do the size of cherry tomatoes, so this recipe needs to be played around with to perfect. Cook it for less time when you start so you don't overcook and get a too dry sauce.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and place in microwave safe dish with a lid (the lid is important!).
- Add the soy sauce and oregano.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and mash any tomatoes left whole with a fork or a potato masher (not many are left whole as a rule).
- Taste and add sugar if needed (depends on your tomatoes).
- Microwave, covered, for another minute on high.