Magpie Jo's Note:
This is a GREAT risotto though it's not made in the traditional way. It takes about the same length of time compared with the stove top version, but the advantage is that you don't have to stay with it. I usually serve this with a piece of sirloin steak and a green salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place stock in a saucepan and bring to boil on stove. You can use the stock cold if you can't be bothered doing this but the risotto will take longer to cook.
- 2In a large microwave casserole dish, with a lid, cook onion in the oil for 2 mins on high.
- 3Add rice and cook a further 2 minutes in microwave oven.
- 4Add chicken stock and tomatoes and cook, covered, on high for about 15- 20 mins until liquid is almost absorbed.
- 5Allow to stand for 5 mins then fold in the romano and butter.
- 6Sprinkle extra romano on top to serve.
- 7Note: If you wish you can substitute the canned tomatoes for fresh, skinned tomatoes,which gives a slightly different result.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.4
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 514.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g