Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is heaven-sent for working folk--not only is is quick and tasty, but kids love it and the texture is so velvety smooth that you'll never cook salmon anywhere but in the microwave again! It is low in calories, fat and carbs to boot. Serve on a bed of spinach sauteed in a bit of olive oil with fresh minced garlic, salt & pepper (like #28274 or #31108 from this website) and you have a company-worthy, healthful meal. Seven minutes refers to cooking time; marinating time is an additional 30 minutes.
- 4 salmon steaks (approx. 1 3/4 lb.) or 4 salmon fillets, 1/2 inch thick (approx. 1 3/4 lb.)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (can be reduced-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons marsala or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 -3 scallions, sliced thinly, to garnish (white and light green parts)
- Place salmon skin side down (if using fillets) in shallow microwave-safe dish, glass or plastic.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except scallions, and pour over fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes.
- The longer it marinates, the more pronounced the flavor.
- Turn fish once or twice while marinating, leaving it skin side up on the last turn (if using fillets).
- Making sure the plastic wrap seal is tight, microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- Let it stand in the microwave for an additional 3 minutes, covered, while you plate the spinach or other veggies.
- Check one fillet to ensure it is cooked to your liking (All microwaves cook a little differently; I rather like medium rare salmon if it turns out that way, but others may not-- if too rare, just pop it back in the microwave, sealed, and zap it for a minute or so).
- Plate the salmon and sprinkle with the scallions.
really good thank you for posting dee