Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mild taste and easy. Use non-alcohol dry sherry if preferred. Prep time includes only the 20 minute marinating not the 4 hour option.
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lb cod fish fillet, about 3/4 inch thick
- In shallow microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients except cod; stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add fish fillets and arrange in single layer; marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes or refrigerate for up to 4 hours, turning once or twice.
- Cover dish (fish and marinade) with vented plastic wrap and microwave at high power for 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.