1/1 Photo of Microwave Sweet Potato Bake
This is a dish my mother created. It is so easy, fast and always gets rave reviews from dinner guests! It is my favourite side-dish. It goes really well with fish or any other white meat. I have always made this by eye, so the measurements are a rough estimate. (Preperation time excludes steaming of the sweet potatoes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thickly slice the sweet potato, and place a layer into a round 9" microwave-safe dish.
- 2Slice the bananas and place the banana slices over the gaps left by the potato.
- 3Sprinkle the banana and sweet potato with a layer of gingernut crumbs. (Be sure to save some for the other layers.)
- 4Sprinkle generously with some of the brown sugar.
- 5Continue to build layers, finishing with gingernuts and sugar.
- 6Pour enough evaporated milk over the dish to fill all the gaps. Last layer of potato should still be visible above the milk.
- 7Place into the microwave and cook on high for 5-7 minutes.
- 8Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- 9VARIATION: Add some mini marshmallows for variation. The dish is sweet enough without them, so reduce sugar if you choose to do so.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Sweet Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 69.6 g
- Protein 7.9 g