Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nuts are supposed to be healthy. Could this be a "healthy" sweet snack? Don't know. They are nice though, perfect if your sweet tooth is aching and you need something fast.
- 3 cups walnuts or 3 cups almonds or 3 cups pecans (or a combination, your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine nuts, water and sugar in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave uncovered 3 minutes on high.
- Stir to coat all the nuts.
- Let cool slightly (+/-3minutes).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cinnamon.
- Stir lightly.
- Spread on waxed paper and let cool completely.
I had some pecans I needed to use up. This recipe looked easy and quick to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda intead of sugar as that is all I buy. I also didn't add the sesame seeds. These were good and very easy to make. Next time I think I would add a bit more sugar as I didn't think they were very sweet.