Recipe by *~*Jennifer*~*
This recipe was the grand prize winner a few years ago in a recipe contest held by an area newspaper. I love sugar cream pie, but didn't have an easy recipe until I found this one. I used a store bought pie shell, and ended up with more filling than the shell would hold so we ate the leftover filling like pudding.
Top Review by Chef Carol Kay
First, this pie taste wonderful! However, I had trouble cooking this in the microwave. I kept a close eye on it, and used a large bowl, but it still wanted to keep boiling over. I will be making this again, but I think I am going to be cooking it on the stove top because for me personally it will just be easier, to keep it from boiling over. Thank you for the recipe, and like I said it is YUMMY! and I will make it again.
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in the half and half, then the melted butter.
- Place bowl in microwave.
- Cook mixture on high power, stopping to stir every 1 minute and 30 seconds, for a total of ten minutes cooking time.
- Note: It is very important to stop and stir the mixture.
- Finally, add vanilla and microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour filling into a 9- inch pie shell.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Allow pie to cool completely before cutting.