Doesn't use pectin. Have yet to try this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium microwave-proof bowl. Stir well and stand 5 minutes for juices to start to run from strawberries.
- 2Microwave, uncovered on medium heat (50 percent) for 4 minutes, stirring half way through cooking time to dissolve sugar. Make sure all the sugar crystals are dissolved at this stage. You may need to brush side of bowl with a water dipped brush.
- 3Once sugar is dissolved, cook jam on high (100 percent) uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring after every 2 minutes or until jam reaches setting consistency.
- 4To test whether the jam has reached setting point, drop a small spoonful onto a cold saucer and cool to room temperature before testing. The jam should wrinkle slightly when you push it with your finger. At this point the jam can be transferred to warm sterilised jars and left to cool before sealing tightly.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 220.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 212.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g