Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a delicious alternative to a traditional christmas pudding and is so quick and easy you won't belive how good it tastes. I got it off the internet last year and make it whenever I have a large number of guests around. I usually serve it with vanilla icecream or whipped cream (infused with some vanilla seeds) and people are always asking for the recipe! Try it out, you won't regret it!
- Grease a 1.2l microwaveable pudding basin.
- Spoon the golden syrup into the basin.
- Decorate the bottom of the basin with 5 of the clementine slices.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar till it takes on a creamy texture.
- Add eggs one at a time until you a have a light and fluffy mixture.
- Add one spoonful of flour to this mix.
- Tip in the rest of the flour and the breadcrumbs.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients.
- Line the pudding basin with the sliced clemetines and add the mix carefully.
- Cover with saran wrap, pierce once and put in the microwave for 12 mins on medium.
- When it is cooked a wooden skewer should come out clean.
- You can also make a syrup by heating 5tbsp golden syrup, 3tbsp pf madeira, the zest of one orange and 1/2 of its juice in a saucepan till warmed.
- This syrup should be poured over the pudding after it has been cooked and removed from the basin.
- When reheating you should warm the pudding up for 5 mins on medium, until it is piping hot.