Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not made this yet, but it sounds good, healthy, and easy.
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 inches fresh orange rind, strip, julienned, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes and pears in a microwave steamer bag.
- Add orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup, butter, sage, salt, and pepper. Seal bag. Turn upside down a few times to distribute the mixture.
- Place in the center of microwave oven and cook 4 and a 1/2 minutes on high. Remove bag and carefully turn upside down 2 or 3 times. Return to microwave and cook for another 4 and a 1/2 minutes.
- Wait one minute, open bag and arrange contents on a platter.
- Sprinkle pecans on top and, if desired, garnish with additional orange zest. Serve.