Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love this! I assemble ahead of time. Also have put in leftover peas.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots (1/4 inch slices, about 3 carrots)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of small cauliflower florets (about 1/2 inch)
- snipped fresh parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Put first 5 ingredients into small steamer bag.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on parsley and Parmesan.
This was good, quick and easy. I bought the steamer bags a while back but had never used them. I had to cook this a bit longer but I didn't measure my cauliflower and carrots so I may have had more then 3 cups. This was a great side dish on a night I was short on time.