Recipe by Denibates
My daughter and I love zucchini this way. So easy....no chopping, dicing, etc. Give it a try, and use one zucchini, or as many as you need. I use non-fat spray, so extremely diet-friendly. Parmesan cheese or bacon bits are good additions.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Delicious! And I don't think it could get any easier. It was surprisingly delicious considering the simplicity and so few ingredients in this recipe. This will my standard way of preparing zucchini from now on. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Denibates. Made for Best of 2012 tag game.
- 1 large zucchini
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini lenth-wise, not cutting all the way to the bottom.
- Open slightly and spray interior with butter.
- Sprinkle interior with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave for 5 minutes on high power.
- Let stand for two minutes, remove, and cut in wedges.