1/1 Photo of Microwave-Steamed Zucchini
My daughter and I love zucchini this way. So easy....no chopping, dicing, etc. Give it a try, and use one zucchini, or as many as you need. I use non-fat spray, so extremely diet-friendly. Parmesan cheese or bacon bits are good additions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Slice zucchini lenth-wise, not cutting all the way to the bottom.
- 2Open slightly and spray interior with butter.
- 3Sprinkle interior with salt and pepper.
- 4Wrap in plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave for 5 minutes on high power.
- 5Let stand for two minutes, remove, and cut in wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave-Steamed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g