1/1 Photo of Microwave Steamed Asparagus Tips
What I love about this recipe is the ease of preparation. The asparagus comes out still crisp. To make things easier I use a Tupperware microwave steamer and I have a gadget called "Misto" that you put olive oil in to mist your foods. Cooking time includes standing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean fresh Asparagus and snap off wooden ends. Discard wooden ends or use in another recipe.
- 2Place water in bottom of steamer.
- 3In steamer basket lay the Asparagus with tips pointing towards the outer edge of basket.
- 4Mist Asparagus with olive oil or drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle with seasoned salt. I usually eyeball this, but it is around 1/2 teaspoon.
- 6Place in Microwave. Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Steamed Asparagus Tips
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g