Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comfort food to warm your innards.
- 1 slice bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup dried split peas
- 1⁄4 cup sliced carrot, 1/8 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 small bay leaf
- In 2-quart casserole combine bacon and onion.
- Cover with paper towel.
- Microwave at High 2 to 3 minutes, or until bacon is brown.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave at High 20 to 35 minutes, or until peas are soft, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove peppercorns and bay leaf before serving.