Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Microwave Entertaining.
Make and share this Microwave Spiked Truffles (With Variations) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Irish Whiskey Variation
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey (in place of rum)
- 24 coffee beans
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons sambuca romana (in place of rum)
- 24 espresso beans
- Place chocolate pieces in the edges of a microwavable container leaving the center free.
- Cook on medium for 2 minutes, stir.
- Cook 1 - 1 1/2 minutes more stirring every 30 seconds.
- Combine softened butter, yolks, and liquor (depending on which variation) in bowl.
- Add melted chocolate and beat with mixer until well blended , about 2 minutes.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set enough to roll into balls.
- Sift cocoa and confectioners sugar in a small bowl.
- Basic mix & Sambuca-Espresso Variation: Add in cinnamon.
- Irish Whiskey Variation: Add in espresso powder.
- Irish Whiskey Variation: Foll chocolate around coffee bean.
- Sambuca-Espresso Variation: Roll chocolate around espresso bean.
- Take 1 tbsp of chocolate mixture and roll into ball.
- Roll it in cocoa mixture and place on cookie sheet - repeat until all chocolate mixture is used.
- Chill until firm, store in sealed container in fridge or freezer.