Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is nice with a green salad or barbecue. SPICY SPAGHETTI 700 watts
- 225 g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 275 ml hot chicken stock (can be made with 1 stock cube)
- 50 g sultanas
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 25 g pine nuts (optional)
- Rinse the spaghetti under running water and drain well.
- Place the oil, spices, garlic and onions in microwave safe bowl, cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until onions are slightly softened, stirring twice. Add the hot stock and sultanas and cook on HIGH 4 - 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender, stirring once. Add onion mixture to spaghetti with parsley, pine nuts (if using) and pepper to taste and toss to blend.
- Leave at room temperature for 3 - 4 hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Toss again before serving.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.