Prep 20 mins
Cook 54 mins
I found this recipe on the internet, made it and lowered the fat/sugar ingredients.
- 236.59 ml glutinous rice
- 236.59 ml water
- 709.77 ml light coconut milk
- 1.23 ml salt
- 88.74 ml cornflour
- 88.74 ml plain flour
- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml green food coloring
- Soak glutinous rice for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain glutinous rice of water.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 cup of water to the rice.
- Microwave rice for 5 mins on high.
- While rice is in microwave: mix cornflour, flour, egg, sugar and 2 cups of coconut milk together.
- Add colouring to the mix.
- Check rice after microwave is done, if required add more water, microwave for an additional 5 mins on high.
- Put the rice on a tray of desired size and shape and press it down until firm.
- Pour the green mixture over the rice.
- Microwave for 4 mins on high, then for an additional 40 mins on medium-low heat.
- Let cool and cut into desired size.