Recipe by RobinetteR
This is yummy,a family favorite, and easy to do. We use this as a main course, also a great pot luck dish. The microwave blends the flavors in a way the oven never does.
Top Review by sugar maple
Very tasty, my family loved it. I reduced the milk to 1 1/2 cups since my baking dish wasn't that deep. Also left out the ham and topped the potatoes with a sprinkle of paprika powder and parsley. 30 minutes was just perfect. Will be making this often.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1 slice ham, cubed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced onions (fresh or dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually add milk while stirring.
- Microwave 8 to 10 minutes stirring after 4 minutes.
- Hint- if you put a plate under the measuring cup it will not boil over during cooking.
- Make 3 layers of potatoes, ham, cheese, onion and sauce in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.