Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- Combine milk and soup in a microwave safe 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add in all other ingredients, stirring to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir and then microwave for another 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
These potatoes turned out great, big hit with the family. I love scalloped potatoes but they can be so much work. I pulled out my new mandolin to slice the potatoes, and used this recipe to make for a quick side dish. Made these first, then put them on the top rack of the BBQ while I cooked up some steak and mushrooms. They bubbled away on the top rack which gave them that nice "from the oven" crust.
These are SOOOOO good! I have wanted to try this recipe forever and I am so glad I did tonight. I used to point my nose up to microwave recipes, but over the years I have found some good ones. I used 4 medium potatoes, 1/3 cup fine chopped onion, 1 cup milk, the can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. pepper and a dash of salt. Had to cook mine a little while longer than posted, but that's what happens when you cook with potatoes. Also before serving I sprinkled the top with dried parsley and paprika. Thank you so much for posting. This will be great to make with leftover holiday ham.
This tasted very good. I found out that doubling it doesn't work out too well. I doubled it and almost doubled the time in the microwave, but that was still not enough. I think I cooked it about 50 minutes in all, and there were still some potatoes that were not cooked, but it was still very good.