Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have to admit I was skeptical about this recipe, but it actually pretty good! I used honey ham for mine but any cooked thinly sliced ham will do! dry breadcrumbs only for this.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 slices swiss cheese (thinly sliced)
- 4 slices ham (thinly sliced)
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Butter/grease a microwave-safe baking dish (large enough to hold 4 rolled chicken breasts).
- Season the inside of the chicken breast with salt and black pepper, then place 1 slice of Swiss cheese and 1 slice ham on top of each pounded chicken breast.
- Roll up as tightly as possible and secure with toothpicks (if necessary).
- In a small bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, tarragon, basil and dry breadcrumbs.
- Roll/coat the rolled chicken breast into the spice/breadcrumb mixture to coat on all sides.
- Place into a baking dish, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Cook on HIGH for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
The recipe was easy and quick to prepare. I thought it was a pretty credible home-made chicken cordon bleau, but the rest of the family was only so-so on the taste. They ate it, but gave it an average rating of only 3.25 ("liked"). I halved the recipe, which seemed to work fine. I cut the chicken open after 10 minutes and it was not cooked in the middle. So, I cooked it for an additional minute to finish. This may have been a little too much, as the chicken was a little dry.
Another good one, K. I took the easy way out and did the Emeril thing (cut a pocket in the chicken breast and increase cook time).
My first time baking chicken in the microwave. Delicious recipe! Only small problem - chicken wasn't cooked after 5 minutes - had to put it for 15 minutes. Maybe I should have used a cover? Thanks Kit - the chicken was moist and tasty and the outside was cripsy! Used recipe #91610 for the breadcrumbs!