Easy peasy roasted garlic, why not give this a try? From recipecottage.com. It's nice to have more than one head, this goes quickly into dips, for veggies,pizzas, pastas, chicken, most anything.
- Cut tips off whole garlic heads, keeping heads intact.
- Place all ingredients in a 4 cup glass measure.
- Cover tightly with microwave plastic wrap.
- Cook at 100% for 6 to 8 minutes, longer if bulbs are large.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Peel when cooled.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
The oven is WAY better. I found the garlic way to sticky to mash. Does not have the same texture of the oven or the color, but it was well worth the try. Thank you for posting.
This is very easy and made a good emergency fix when I needed roasted garlic quickly, but its more steamed than roasted and the flavor is inferior. I'll use the technique when I need roasted garlic right now as an ingredient among many other ingredients, but I wouldn't use it for making something where the roasted garlic was the star flavor. Also, the texture wasn't as soft as good, roasted garlic so it didn't mash well.
I am giving this recipe 4 stars for quickness and ease. Not that roasted garlic in the oven is very easy but this cuts the time down a lot!!!! I did miss the creamy caramel color of it.