Make and share this Microwave Roast Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Slice off the top of the head to reveal all of the cloves.
- Place the head in a small deep dish,
- season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spoon 2 TBSP water into the bottom of the dish
- cover with plastic wrap.
- Cook at medium power for 7 to 7 1/2 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before unwrapping.
!!!!!!!DON'T USE THIS RECIPE WITHOUT CLOSE SUPERVISION!!!!!!!!!
This recipe is DANGEROUS.
I didn't pay attention to it and after 3 1/2 minutes the garlic CAUGHT ON FIRE and ignited the olive oil in my microwave.
It didn't even go the whole seven minutes. It started on fire after three...
Now I have to clean melted plastic out of my microwave.
This was a nice fast way to make roast garlic. Although not my preferred method it would be a great time saver when you need it in a hurry. I think my microwave runs a bit hot. My plastic wrap melted so I covered it with a paper towel to finish cooking. Thank you for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2009
i made an account just so i could say this:
I almost burnt my house down.
It was barely in the microwave for 4 minutes before it started smoking and i immediately took it out and the garlic was black and my cover had melted.
DO NOT USE THIS RECIPE