Recipe by Sage
Foolproof and easy to prepare. Dish can be made ahead and reheated before serving. You can freeze the leftovers; it works! Feel free to add other herbs of your choice; when fresh herbs are around I am very generous and produce all kind of taste senstions.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
This was delicious, and so easy! I used brown rice and simply increased the liquid by 1/2 cup and the cooking time by 15 minutes. It worked great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice, white
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt casserole dish, combine butter, rice, onions, celery and garlic.
- Microwave 5 minutes on High.
- Add chicken broth, thyme and parsley.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes stirring twice during cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes to finish cooking before serving.
- Serves 6.
- Use fresh herbs for best results.