Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I was a little surprised that these were not posted on 'Zaar. Using your microwave and 1 bowl you can make these treats in less than 5 minutes. I have used a 7 ounce jar of marshmallow cream instead of the marshmallows.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 40 large marshmallows (or 4 cups mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until coated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cut into squares when cool.
These came together quickly and went just as fast. I did add a little vanilla right before adding Rice Krispies.
Perfect recipe for those quick snacks and treats!! I threw this together for lunchbox treats when the kids went back to school. My kids loved them!! I used an 8 cup glass measure and it worked perfectly for making this recipe. I did not need to adjust anything - it was great. I do have a 1500 watt microwave so it was a breeze! A little tip that helped me was to lightly spray/coat my spatula when pressing the mixture into the pan so the marshmallows did not stick to that either. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag game.
The trick for me was to melt the butter for 50 seconds in a microwave dish and then add the marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are coated with the melted butter. Than add the Rice Krispie treats. The first time I followed the recipe, they were very dry.