Recipe by BAPitotti
These muffins make a great addition to any breakfast. They are easy to prepare ahead and batter will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
Top Review by Debra A.
Best "To Go" muffin ever!!! Started looking for this recipe after my grown sons requested the muffin Nana used to make...This recipe is exactly as I remember -sweet, warm and hot! I added Chia needs to my batch, to kick up the "healthy" rating. Supposedly it keeps for 6 weeks in the fridge, but we can't prove that. We seem to polish a recipe off within 2weeks!
- 3 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal, original
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup craisins (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix bran cereal with boiling water to soften cereal.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- To store in refrigerator, place in air-tight container.
- To bake in microwave, place baking cups in a microwavable muffin pan.
- Fill baking cups half-full with batter.
- Bake on high in microwave for approximately 45 seconds per muffin. Do not over cook. (Time will need to be adjusted per your microwave.).
- Serve muffins warm.