Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These muffins make a great addition to any breakfast. They are easy to prepare ahead and batter will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to six weeks.
- 3 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal, original
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup craisins (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- In a large bowl, mix bran cereal with boiling water to soften cereal.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- To store in refrigerator, place in air-tight container.
- To bake in microwave, place baking cups in a microwavable muffin pan.
- Fill baking cups half-full with batter.
- Bake on high in microwave for approximately 45 seconds per muffin. Do not over cook. (Time will need to be adjusted per your microwave.).
- Serve muffins warm.
This is just like the recipe my mom used when I was a kid...The muffins are great especially because they are hot out of the oven. My children (10, 6, and 4) LOVE them and can't get enough. They think they're pretty cool, too, because the make them themselves! Thanks for the recipe!